About the role
To maintain Care skills at a current level and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain practices as up-to-date.
To provide leadership to the Care functions of Westwood Homecare.
To organise and co-ordinate Care services in accordance with current best practices, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, and relevant regulations under the direction of the Care Manager, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time.
To organise, co-ordinate and supervise the Care services within Westwood Homecare, accordance with agreed standards.
To organise, co-ordinate and supervise the deployment of the Care services within Westwood Homecare’s legal and contractual standards relating to the Service.
The post holder is accountable directly to Westwood Homecare’s Care Manager, and ultimately the Registered Manager.
The Coordinator has line management responsibility for Supervisors, team leaders, administrative staff and overall responsibility for all support workers within the service.
Management of the organisation:
1. Develop effective working relationships with the Registered Manager and Care Manager of Westwood Homecare.
2. Support an open, positive and inclusive management culture.
3. Participate in the evaluation of Westwood against agreed organisational goals, as well as business and quality objectives.
4. Work to establish effective employer-employee relationships.
5. Minimise legal risks.
6. Participate in the maintenance of Westwood Homecare’s management information systems.
7. Assist in the formulation and implementation of Care policies and procedures.
8. Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of Westwood Homecare, and other legal requirements.
9. Act within Westwood Homecare’s budget based on Westwood Homecare’s objectives and within the projected revenue.
10. Work in a cost-effective manner.
11. Be involved in the implementation and maintenance of Westwood Homecare’s quality assurance programme.
12. Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the Care standards and Care service provision.
13. Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise.
14. To carry out On Call duties, overnight and at weekends, on a rota basis. When On-Call, provide telephone support and assistance to Support Workers and Service Users; be available to be called out as necessary; check call alerts system morning / midday / evenings at weekends.
Management of Care Services:
1. Ensure that the Care service is delivered to Service Users at the times and for the duration specified in the relevant individual agreement(s) and contract standards.
2. Ensure that the staff allocated, and the staff attending, each Service User have the
relevant skills, knowledge and resources related to the opportunities and needs of that Service User.
3. Manage travel delays and staff shortages to mitigate to the fullest extent possible the
impact on the Service User, managing and minimising their distress and insecurity in such situations.
4. Assist in the assessment of the effectiveness of Care implementation and delivery.
5. Implement action to meet and maintain Care standards.
6. Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams so as to maximise opportunities for Service User therapeutic Care.
7. Ensure that the Care service is delivered in a safe and person-centred manner.
8. Ensure that Service User rights are protected.
9. Encourage a model of self-care and Service User rehabilitation.
10. Evaluate Care Plans.
11. Evaluate standards of Care competence.
Professional Long-Term Care Leadership:
1. Encourage innovative methods for the delivery of Care.
2. Encourage health promotion within Care strategies.
3. Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
4. Promote a positive image for the services provided and employment within Westwood Homecare.
Management of Human Resources:
1. Cooperate with the implementation, evaluation, orientation and induction of all new employees.
2. Assist individual staff members to develop in their roles and levels of compliance with agreed standards.
3. Support the implementation of Westwood Homecare’s policies and procedures.
4. Support the effective resolution of team conflicts.
5. Support a work atmosphere which promotes a high quality of work life.
6. Support and maintain a culture of performance and excellence.
RQF Diploma Level 3.