About the role
JOB DESCRIPTION – Registered Manager
This is a truly unique opportunity, and one which will give you full autonomy with your role, as the Registered Manager, you will oversee all management of a dedicated, driven and caring staff team, as well as overseeing any other aspects of the service you see fit.
This role will also require you to ensure all service users have the best possible experience within the service, ensuring all care and support plans are evaluated, through audits and discussions with your staff team.
This role will also require you to work closely with commissioners and local authorities.
The successful person will hold or working towards a NVQ level 5 qualification QCF (NVQ) level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care or an equivalent qualification in Social Care/Health. You will need to evidence previous experience at leadership level, as well as having the ability to manage a service.
The post holder is accountable directly to WHC Owners.
The Registered Manager has line management responsibility for Care Coordinators, Supervisors and Social Care Support Workers.
Role and Responsibility
· To be the Registered Manager for Domiciliary Care Services, ensuring adherence with CQC minimum standards at all times, and striving for excellence.
· The Registered Manager works with Service Users, their Care Support Workers, and others involved in the Service Users’ care, to maintain the best level of care for Service Users.
· To ensure MPC’s policies and procedures are followed at all times.
· To ensure Care Quality Commission standards are met for Service Users.
· To deliver a range of WHC Care registered domiciliary care services to vulnerable adults and older people using a person-centred approach that maximises independence and reduces the need for more institutional types of care.
· To offer a responsive and efficient service to all Service Users with a strong focus on outstanding customer care.
· To maximise utilisation of the existing contract hours (with local council) while growing a strong private customer base and expanding the range of services available – increasing the hours delivered and the range of activities offered
· To be able to vary hours according to the needs of the business, including some weekend/evening working, including participation in senior on-call duties.
· To embrace and follow all MPC outcomes and lead services towards an Outstanding MPC rating, through delivery of excellent care and efficient running of services.
· Actively participate in and arrange the induction, training and development of new staff, ensuring the principles of reablement are adopted in their work on a day to day basis.
· Set clear standards and expectations for staff that allow the service to reach and maintain a level of excellence in service delivery, organisation and knowledge
· Manage service delivery by implementing and maintaining systems for the planning, allocation and control of work through a dispersed team in conjunction with the Service Co-ordinator;
· Manage and develop team members, including regular appraisals, supervision, performance management etc.
· Identify the need to recruit new team members, creating a proactive recruitment plan to ensure appropriate levels of staff at all times
· Effectively manage the complaints and compliments procedure, ensuring that concerns are acted upon and responded to in a timely manner
· Ensure all policies and procedures are complied with across services at all times, including Health & Safety, Dignity and Choice, Equality and Confidentiality
· Ensure that all paper and electronic files for customers and staff are complete, accurate, and presented in a professional manner at all times
· Develop reports, populate paper and electronic systems and ensure maintenance of all data
· Actively manage the service making use of performance and other data e.g. Carefree and PASS reports; implement recommendations from internal reports and investigations; produce and analyse data to evidence quality, efficiency and growth of the service for senior managers and other stakeholders
· Actively promote the work of the service to referrers, partners, commissioners, customers and other stakeholders to allow the business to grow; maintain effective working relationships with all
· Take an active lead in the assessment of all new customers referred to the service, ensuring that goals/outcomes are developed and then reviewed regularly to maximise success for the individual and the service.
· To work with Service Users, their Care Support Workers, and others involved in the Service Users’ care, to maintain best level of care for Service Users taking all related factors into account, i.e. medication, care plan.
· To assist the Co-Ordinator by communicating all information to ensure Service Users needs are met.
· To assist the Co-Ordinator with rotating when required.
· To monitor, review and update Service Users’ care packages.
· To attend reviews with multi-disciplinary teams.
· Provide cover as required for other Supervisors and / or Care Support Workers i.e. during holidays or periods of sickness absence.
· To always act in a manner which respects the Confidentiality of Service Users,
· Staff and any other involved Parties.
Management and Administration
· To carry out On Call duties, overnight and at weekends, on a Rota basis as determined by the management. When On-Call, provide telephone support and assistance to Support Workers and Service Users; be available to be called out as necessary; check call alerts system morning / midday / evenings at weekends.
· To carry out appropriate and authorized investigations into alleged misconduct or poor performance of Support Staff.
· To attend Meetings when required to do so by management
· To assist with planning and organising Staff recruitment.
· To work flexibly as required by the needs of the service.
Training and Development
· To carry out scheduled quarterly Supervisions and annual Appraisals for Care Support Staff. Implement any actions arising from these meetings; ensure these meetings are recorded on Care Free.
· To prepare for, and participate in, quarterly Supervisions and annual Appraisals with the Co-ordinator.
· To attend and participate in relevant training sessions.
· To demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
· To assist with planning and organising Staff training.
Monday to Friday